Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  DV SIG    Meetings
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meetings
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of Michele
AIM: Online Status For michele955
posted
Hey, the 3 of us are coming up empty handed we still exist and want to host some meetings if you have any suggestions or leads we will for sure follow up.....just email michelek@mac.com and I will get right on it. Haven't forgotten you all...economy is even effecting our SIG getting someone to come out to speak or host the event...

Posts: 243 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: June 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Michelle:

Do you ever get together just to talk and exchange ideas? I tried years ago to contact the DV Sig and did not even get an answer and just wrote the whole thing off. I still do video for myself, tape to DVD conversions, movies of my personal mini-dv recordings and want to get back into making slideshow videos of our vacations. I have Adobe Production Premium CS4 and do not even begin to utilize all of the various components. Why have a speaker (if none are willing to come), when ideas could be shared within the group. If there are this few people in the SIG then it could be done virtually at someones home.

Brian Stone

Posts: 1656 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of Calvin
posted Hide Post
Terry is looking for topics for meetings. I think more people would be interested in DV if they knew more about it.

The only challenge is that Michelle's level might be higher than most so i don't know a what level she would want to start.

I am trying to outlook some time in future months. I think another DV Film Fest is in order.

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"portions of todays programming are reproduced by means of electrical transcriptions or tape recordings."

"....Mailbox!....Open.......... MailBox!"

"I was exposed to the GUI and have been stuck ever since!"

"Remember.. Under our clothes...we are all naked"

Posts: 1727 | Location: Detroit,MI,USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of cjhall
posted Hide Post
I could host a webex or we can try that Adobe product Terry showed a few meetings ago. I would love to bring in some of my minidv and him them critequed. I currently have iMovie, but am considering Adobe PP for After effects tracking.

Posts: 172 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Michele
posted Hide Post
Brian, I don't know who you contacted but I reply to everyone who emails me about the SIG. Sorry you got the wrong impression I know there was another DV SIG perhaps that is who you emailed. You can always email me at michelek@mac.com

Posts: 243 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: June 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Michele
posted Hide Post
Starting a new DV SIG mailing list the old one got corrupted during on OS upgrade, if you want to be or remain on the DV SIG mailing list just send your email to michelek@mac.com

Jedi Knight
Picture of Michele
posted Hide Post
Here it is April 17th 2011 with the economy in the shape that it is, we have been unable to come up with any speakers. Not due to lack of trying. We would love to host meetings, or just A MEETING. No lack of interest in the topic. I am unable to make MG-D meetings due to family obligations on Sunday's but it doesn't mean I have forgotten you all or that I am not still trying to get something together.

Jedi Knight
Picture of Michele
posted Hide Post
Hi anyone interested in doing a photography or video demo for MGD?

iBBS Addict
Picture of Calvin
posted Hide Post
Michelle,

Are you still out there???? HA Ha.

I am thinking about getting some interest back into DV SIG after April this year 2017. Any ideas you have in mind?

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"portions of todays programming are reproduced by means of electrical transcriptions or tape recordings."

"....Mailbox!....Open.......... MailBox!"

"I was exposed to the GUI and have been stuck ever since!"

"Remember.. Under our clothes...we are all naked"

Posts: 1727 | Location: Detroit,MI,USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post