Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  DV SIG    Trouble with import to premiere pro cs4
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trouble with import to premiere pro cs4
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of Rhonda
posted
I now have the full version of premiere pro cs4 and I still have the same problem. I have a canon HF11 and want to import the avchd files. I copied the files to my desktop and the Private folder was created. I opened premiere, found the files via the media browser, and tried to import. I get the error message that these file types are not supported. I tried importing directly from the media card and I get the same error message. I upgraded to 4.01. These files can successfully be imported to IMovie 08 and 09. It just takes a long time. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Rhonda

Posts: 280 | Location: West Bloomfield, Mi. | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Rhonda
posted Hide Post
One more thing--I did have the trial version installed previously. I have uninstalled it via the uninstaller. I don't know if this could be causing the problem.

Rhonda

Posts: 280 | Location: West Bloomfield, Mi. | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
What system?

Did you copy the entire PRIVATE folder from the camera or just some of it?

What folder are you looking at in the Media Browser?

Are you on 4.01 or 4.1.0? You need to be on 4.1.0.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Rhonda:

Here is part of Terry's quote from the other thread, "Here's your problem: *Adobe Encore CS4 is not available as a trial. It will be installed as part of the trial for Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 but will not be available for use until you purchase."

What version (suite) did you purchase, exactly? Does it include Encore? In the past Premiere as a stand alone product was available for purchase which did not include all of the bells & whistles. Possibly this is your problem? Adobes web site shows that in order to get Encore you must purchase either one of the following Production Premium or Master Collection. Which did you purchase?

Posts: 1656 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Rhonda
posted Hide Post
I am using production premium creative suite 4. I have updated to 4.10. I am taking the entire Private folder from the sdhc card and copying to my desktop. I have tried copying the file from a card reader and also directly from the camera. I opened premiere. I found the desktop file via the media browser. I right-clicked on the file and clicked on import. It reads the files (.mts, .cpi,etc) and says file format not supported. I have tried double-clicking on the private file which reveals .mts files. When I right-click to import, I receive the same error message.
Rhonda

iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
At one time or other Terry said he edits directly "on/from" the memory card without importing. Have you tried doing it that way?

Posts: 1656 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Rhonda
posted Hide Post
It doesn't support the files. Another forum suggested that I run the adobe clean-up script for cs4. I had to uninstall the entire program and try to run the script. The script said that there were no files to clean-up. Now, I have to reinstall again. Bummer!

iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Rhonda:

I have CS4 Production Premium also. I offer you the opportunity to bring your memory card over to try it on my system. A MacPro 8 core with 13 GB Ram and plenty of HD space.

You have been fighting with this for some time and maybe we can solve the problem.

We do not have any special plans for today, the 4th.

Brian

248-546-9339

Jedi Knight
Picture of Rhonda
posted Hide Post
Dear Brian,

That is so nice of you. Yes, I did feel like I was still working with windows! I think I have solved the problem. I have a Lacie drive attached to my computer which I use for superduper and have set for automatic back-ups. This was mounted at the time of my installation of the trial version. Even though I deleted the trial version from my main hard drive, I think that cs4 still thought it was on my system and therefore would not open the avchd files. I unmounted my Lacie drive, uninstalled the entire program, restarted, and reinstalled, and it worked. Now I am going to run superduper to update my system, so hopefully I won't run into any other issues. Thanks again and have a great holiday.
Rhonda