Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Digital Photography    Which small camera to buy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which small camera to buy
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of cjhall
posted
I'll be in Ann Arbor at the President's speech this Friday. I want to bring a camera, but I think my D80 and flash might be a little big. No bags will be allowed by security. I want to find a small camera to carry that shoots raw. I have my iPhone, will that be enough? I've heard of some cannon point and shoot models. I need to order today and ship overnight, unless there is a local store. Any thoughts, would be much appreciated.

Posts: 172 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Here is Terry's take on point-and-shoot cameras from his Tech Blog.

Link

Posts: 1642 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
AIM: Online Status For terrywhite at mac dot com
posted Hide Post
It will depend on the lighting and how close you are. If you're close the iPhone should be fine. Otherwise, a point-shoot will offer a better zoom.

My top point-shoot pick is now the Canon Powershot S100 .

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6152 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
Wow! Looks like an amazing camera from the spec sheets.

Posts: 270 | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post