Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Digital Photography    getting rid of unwanted contact
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

getting rid of unwanted contact
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
posted
How do I get rid of an unwanted contact in my contacts list. Apparently this was placed there maliciously and I can't seem to find a way to delete it. Any help would be appreciated. It popped up on my desktop today as a birthday notification and appears to have come from some source on Facebook even though I know I did not initiate any contact with this person or group. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Posts: 831 | Location: PA | Registered: November 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
Here is a snap shot of the offending contact:

Posts: 831 | Location: PA | Registered: November 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Highlight the name in the list and slide it to the left, then click the Delete button.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3780 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
If Phyllis's suggestion doesn't work....

Log into your FaceBook account and delete the "offending" contact there for complete removal. Should be under your address book/contacts in FaceBook.

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2119 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the quick response. I didn't see an address book/contacts list in FB, but went under friends and unfriended him. That seemed to do the trick. Found the contact was listed under the iCloud setting in contacts with no name attached to it, slid contact to the left, as suggested, and was able to delete contact from my contacts address book. So a big thanks to both of you.