Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Digital Photography    Trouble connecting Panasonic Video Camera
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trouble connecting Panasonic Video Camera
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
posted
I have a Panasonic Digital Camcorder I'm try to connect to my G5 Mac - OS 10.5.8. I have a IEEE1394 firewire cord connected to the camera and mac. No icon or anything shows up that indicated that the camera is connected. How do I get the video off the camera and onto my Mac. The manual is PC only, but from what I can gather on line I should be able to get the video on my Mac. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank as always.

Michael

Posts: 102 | Location: Royal Oak | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
Oh the model number is a PV GS400.....it's a nice camera. I have to figure this out.

Thanks again,

Michael

Posts: 102 | Location: Royal Oak | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
Have you tried opening iMovie? There is a camera icon near the lower left.

Does the camera have removable media?

Posts: 1968 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
James.....thank you.....sorry to have to asked such a basic question.....that did the trick!

Now on to figuring out imovie.

Thanks again.

Michael

Another reason to always stay a member of MacGroup.

Michael