Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Digital Photography    Nature Photo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nature Photo
 Login/Register

iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted
It doesn't take the most expensive camera to take a good nature photo. This Monarch butterfly posed for a Canon S5 IS. The photo was cropped for display. http://gallery.me.com/james.cu...g?ver=12513872570001 I like the curled proboscis.

Posts: 1968 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Bibo (Jim Nichols)
posted Hide Post
So true! Never say "you must have a good camera" to a photographer. That's like telling a musician "you must have a good piano" or a writer "you must have a good pen".

Nice shot btw!

Posts: 2094 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Padawan
Picture of Gary Molnar
posted Hide Post
Nice photo! I bought a Canon S5 IS but haven't dedicated too much time to the the macro setting. I just wasn't getting the same results as I was with my Coolpix 995, which has an excellent macro. I'll need to revisit the Canon macro.

Posts: 50 | Location: Leonard, Michigan usa | Registered: November 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
Re the statement: "It doesn't take the most expensive camera to take a good nature photo." The operative word has to be "good" here as in: "okay or pretty good, but not great". If it were not, then it would be in opposition to the statement: "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch" because we'd all be spending less money and carrying less equipment. All things being equal, a pro camera and lens will give better results than a point-n-shoot and will enable you to get shots you couldn't get otherwise. The statement that is a truism is: "If you own a camera, you are a photographer. If you own a flute, you are a flute owner."

Posts: 417 | Location: greater detroit area | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
Hey Rich. Isn't the quote "If you own a camera, you are a camera owner"? You have to know which end to point at the subject to be a photographer.

Posts: 152 | Location: Commerce Township | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post