Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Digital Photography    Elements 8 feature question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elements 8 feature question
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of Rick
AIM: Online Status For hocachynikxxxxx
posted
Photoshop Elements 6 has a feature I enjoy called Photomerge. Does anyone know if this feature is included in Elements 8? thanks, rick

Posts: 621 | Location: Southfield | Registered: January 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
AIM: Online Status For terrywhite at mac dot com
posted Hide Post
It it in PSE 8 and now also includes Photomerge Scene Cleaner and Photomerge Exposure.

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6152 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of cjhall
posted Hide Post
After our meeting I was wondering if some of these features (Scene cleaner, merge) are easier to perform in elements, then the full blown Photoshop.

Posts: 172 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
AIM: Online Status For terrywhite at mac dot com
posted Hide Post
In a word yes!
PSE has always had ways to automate certain things that PS could always do, but just not automatically.

So while I could take the same two pictures in PS and say remove the extra people, I would have to:

1) combine the two layers together in one document
2) Use the auto align feature
3) add a layer mask
4) paint on the mask to reveal the space below that doesn't contain the people

So yes, I could achieve the same results in PS, but with more steps and not as automated or as easy and certainly without the nice panel that explains it step by step.

quote:
Originally posted by cjh:
After our meeting I was wondering if some of these features (Scene cleaner, merge) are easier to perform in elements, then the full blown Photoshop.

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6152 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post