Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Digital Photography    Lightroom import question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lightroom import question
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
posted
I had a photo on my desktop that I wanted to import into lightroom, but for some reason lightroom never seems to see photos on the desktop. How do I get it to recognize such photos? I had no difficulty getting the photo to open in PS6.

Posts: 831 | Location: PA | Registered: November 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
AIM: Online Status For terrywhite at mac dot com
posted Hide Post
Hi, first off Lightroom "should" be able to "reference" photos no matter where they are located. With that said, I'm not sure why you'd want it to reference ones on your desktop. You are better served by putting that photo in a more permanent location (say a folder inside your photos folder) before importing it into LR.

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6152 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Terry for your reply. To answer your question, I was trying to do a simple edit on a photo my husband wanted me to print for him. Since I use a different photo editor, I wanted to edit the photo, print it, then delete it from my computer after I had finished the print job for him.

Posts: 831 | Location: PA | Registered: November 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post