Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Digital Photography    Camera card question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Camera card question
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of Michele
AIM: Online Status For michele955
posted
Somewhere in iPhoto is an option to ask your camera card to erase photos after you download them, mine no longer does this. I have to take the card out and erase on my camera now. Does anyone know what that is called in iPhoto to offer you the dialog box do you want to erase photos? Thanks.

Posts: 243 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: June 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
I just checked, and the dialog box to keep or erase came up as it finished downloading the photos. It's an automatic thing, and I know of no way to change that. Is it possible that you are clicking the download window to keep it in front and the dialog box is going behind it?

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3775 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of CHunter
posted Hide Post
Reformatting/deleting images off the card in your camera
is considered better than erasing/deleting images off the
card using software programs that offer this feature.
Sometimes, programs inadvertently corrupt the card and
the camera may then have problems with it.

Posts: 1624 | Registered: June 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
You should Always Erase your cards in the camera they are used in. The cards will perform better with less chance of corruption, as Chita said.

Posts: 1656 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Chuck Reti
posted Hide Post
I always use the Image Capture application to pull images from my camera or its SD Card (and from my iPhone as well). When using the SD Card, I have noticed that the Delete icon is often, but not always, greyed out. Sometimes if I Eject and re-insert the card, the Delete function again becomes available. Not sure why it's an intermittent behavior.

Posts: 1105 | Location: Detroit | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Michele
AIM: Online Status For michele955
posted Hide Post
Thank everyone! It used to be a feature every time but now it never asks me I am just a creature of habit I guess.....I will erase in the camera thanks for the great advise!

Posts: 243 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: June 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post