Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Digital Photography    printer question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

printer question
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted
Recently my HP photosmart all in one printer, when turned on, goes thru the process of printing the utility test page. This uses a lot of ink and takes a ton of time when i just want the crossword puzzle. I checked preferences but i could not find any to turn this off.

Posts: 1057 | Location: dearbon,MI , USA | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
It is not a function of the Mac. Look up in the manual how to access the All-In-Ones MENU. There will be a setting there that will turn off the test page.

Posts: 1640 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of Calvin
posted Hide Post
Which Model of Hp Printer is it?

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"portions of todays programming are reproduced by means of electrical transcriptions or tape recordings."

"....Mailbox!....Open.......... MailBox!"

"I was exposed to the GUI and have been stuck ever since!"

"Remember.. Under our clothes...we are all naked"

Posts: 1725 | Location: Detroit,MI,USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
HP photosmart C3180 all in one printer

Posts: 1057 | Location: dearbon,MI , USA | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
the weird thing is that it just started recently, it was cool up to then.

Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
There was an HP printer driver update in Software Update a week or two back. That may have set it off.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of Calvin
posted Hide Post
Perhaps this link would be helpful to resolving your problem if I am understanding it correctly

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfr...2649&product=1146331

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"portions of todays programming are reproduced by means of electrical transcriptions or tape recordings."

"....Mailbox!....Open.......... MailBox!"

"I was exposed to the GUI and have been stuck ever since!"

"Remember.. Under our clothes...we are all naked"

Posts: 1725 | Location: Detroit,MI,USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
The information found by Carson is just another reason in a long list of why Epson is a much better choice that HP. Epson ink cartridges do not have a drop dead date like HP.

Posts: 1640 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
well i guess i can't use refilled cartridges!

those sneaky HP people!