Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Programming    Dissolve Programming SIG?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dissolve Programming SIG?
 Login/Register

Poobah
Picture of Chuck M
posted
I move that we dissolve the programming SIG.

Nobody is responding, or helping interested members.

Will someone second this motion?

Posts: 2075 | Registered: June 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
You don't need a second or a vote. Just ignore it.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3762 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Paul
posted Hide Post
I knew it wouldn't last. I've yet to join any programmer's SIG that lasted very long, or even got off the ground for that matter. This is just the latest iteration.

People just don't seem to understand that if you want something to work, you have to put forth some 'effort'

========================
Ignorance breeds fear and fear breeds stupidity. Knowledge is the key to overcoming your fears

The only fish in a stream that just "go with the flow" are the dead ones

Posts: 1416 | Location: Clawson, MI USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Chuck M
posted Hide Post
Are you coding xCode Paul? Or something?

Jedi Master
Picture of Paul
posted Hide Post
I have to, it's part of my job. Currently I'm trying to move a lot of our legacy 0S9 programs to XCode/Cocoa. It would be nice to have some people to answer questions.

========================
Ignorance breeds fear and fear breeds stupidity. Knowledge is the key to overcoming your fears

Posts: 1416 | Location: Clawson, MI USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of Calvin
posted Hide Post
Paul,

You are in that rare segment of IT life that works on both sides of the application. Not a lot of that type of people around. Most take a side and stay there. This usergroup is not "bit head" enough to support a "programming SIG" in my opinion.

I would think Mac Hack and that group over towards Ann Arbor would be more interesting to you. But am sure you are aware of all possible groups in S.E. Mich area.

However, since you do have that knowledge and one of the few, we know where to tap if that skill is needed. Also it could be a challenge and cash opportunity for you.

Therefore, I annoint you as "code Guru" and elevate you to that lofty position within Macgroup.

"Go now and debug some more" Wink

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"portions of todays programming are reproduced by means of electrical transcriptions or tape recordings."

"....Mailbox!....Open.......... MailBox!"

"I was exposed to the GUI and have been stuck ever since!"

"Remember.. Under our clothes...we are all naked"

Posts: 1722 | Location: Detroit,MI,USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Paul
posted Hide Post
Chuck and I have decided to start meeting on a regular basis in order to discuss OSX programming. Not really a SIG per se, but probably about as close as we'll ever get to one.

If you're interested, leave a message.

========================

Poobah
Picture of Chuck M
posted Hide Post
I'm interested. I'll force myself!