Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Programming    Objective-C and Cocoa
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Objective-C and Cocoa
 Login/Register

Padawan
posted
Hello
Does anyone know of any classes in the Detroit area that teach Objective-C and Cocoa. I have looked at OCC but, they do not offer it. Any suggestions would be great!
Thanks

Posts: 25 | Location: W. Bloomfield | Registered: May 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Paul
posted Hide Post
I doubt you're going to find any classes in the US let alone the Detroit area. If not Apple, your best bet is NerdRanch. Even so, it's more of a conference that last of few days than a class. About all you can do is pick up a Coca book, start reading and going through the examples.

========================
Ignorance breeds fear and fear breeds stupidity. Knowledge is the key to overcoming your fears

The only fish in a stream that just "go with the flow" are the dead ones

Posts: 1416 | Location: Clawson, MI USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are really old posts, but just thought I would share an online resource. Lynda.com provides online training for both Objective-C 2.0 as well as the iPhone SDK. Also, there will be an OSX Lion Dev course apparently coming in the future from Simon Allardice who's did the iPhone SDK course there. They're a good intro. There is also a the iTunes University course from Standford University which is well liked by many and is also free!

Posts: 7 | Location: Chesterfield, MI | Registered: April 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Steven Klein
posted Hide Post
Here's a link to Stanford University's "Developing Apps for iOS":
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObj...Podcast?id=395605774

Apparently it gets pretty in-depth: There are 25 video podcasts, most of which are an hour or more.

--
Steven Klein Computer Service
Apple & A+ Certified
Your Mac, PC & Network Expert
Phone: (248) YOUR-MAC
or (248) 968-7622

Posts: 167 | Location: Southeast Michigan | Registered: April 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Paul
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the links!

I've been getting back into Mac Development. Been away FAR TOO Long. Just finished one of Time Isted's books.

========================
Ignorance breeds fear and fear breeds stupidity. Knowledge is the key to overcoming your fears

The only fish in a stream that just "go with the flow" are the dead ones

Posts: 1416 | Location: Clawson, MI USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post