Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rumor Mill    .Mac updates
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.Mac updates
 Login/Register

iBBS Addict
Picture of macjeff
posted
There has been lots of speculation of changes coming to the .Mac service.

Here are a couple....

Will it be called Mobile Me ?

or ...

Will it be called ... Me.com

Go AAPL ..... :-)

----- 10.0 Cheetah, 10.1 Puma, 10.2 Jaguar, 10.3 Panther , 10.4 Tiger, 10.5 Leopard, 10.X = ( Cougar or Lynx ) -----
----- When was the last time Apple updated a product ..... http://www.mactimeline.com/ -----

Posts: 1796 | Location: Washington, Michigan | Registered: June 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
I doubt that Apple will rebrand .mac for itself. Apple may allow resellers such as cell phone providers, to sell .mac services under their own banner with no software rewrite required.

Posts: 1964 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Chuck Reti
posted Hide Post
If they start calling it "Me" or "My" anything, I'm out. Yuk.
Or "dot mac 2.0"

Posts: 1096 | Location: Detroit | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of switcher
posted Hide Post
Chuck-

I guess you are out.

Check out www.me.com

Jeff

Posts: 182 | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Chuck Reti
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by switcher:
I guess you are out.

Well, mercifully, they did leave open the option of keeping the mac.com email addresses, so since they wouldn't be making "me" be @me.com (I still think the name is dorky). I don't understand why they're killing the iCards feature; can't have consumed much time or resources and I found them kind of handy and less cloying than most e-cards. Mostly unhappy with their dropping of Safari Bookmarks, the feature I used as much as email. I have liked the ability to have my bookmarks available within dot mac from any site.

Posts: 1096 | Location: Detroit | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post