Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rumor Mill    Possible New Hardware
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Possible New Hardware
 Login/Register

Poobah
Picture of Chuck M
posted
Dell, NEC, and now Samsung have introduced new HDTV's and monitors in the last few weeks. Apple's aging Cinema Displays need a refreshing - the 23" is 6 years old, and the 30" is 4 years old. While they may have higher quality features (e.g., wide gamut backlights and S-IPS LCD's) than some competitors' monitors, they need new features (LED wide-gamut backlights and HDMI ports). Perhaps what they really need to become is an HDTV and not a monitor. It would be GREAT! if Apple could distinguish its HDTV from others by color enhancements, like video color management Cool .

On a second front, I think Apple probably didn't want to steal the thunder from the Macbook Air announcement at MWSF. I wouldn't be surprised to see new MacBooks based on Intel's new Penryn processors soon, as Electronista suggests. They might have multi-touch pads, and maybe even a Blue-ray optical drive. And possibly LED backlights in the 17" MacBook Pros. I believe the new Penryn laptop processors are due in early February 2008. We probably won't see Wi-Max enhancements until the next laptops are introduced (4Q2008?).

Posts: 2075 | Registered: June 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post