Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rumor Mill    Google Browser Debuts Tomorrow
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Google Browser Debuts Tomorrow
 Login/Register

Poobah
Picture of Chuck M
posted
Google to Introduce its own Web Browser

Reuters – Web search engine page Google is shown on a computer screen with a black background to support Earth …

quote:
By Eric Auchard – Mon Sep 1, 7:40 pm ET

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) – Google Inc (GOOG.O) is set to introduce on Tuesday a new Web browser designed to more quickly handle video-rich applications, posing a challenge to browsers designed originally to handle text and graphics.
Google officials confirmed news of long-rumored plans to offer its own Web browsing software, entitled Google Chrome, in a company blog post after it mistakenly mailed details of the project to a Google-watching blog, called Blogoscoped.com.
The company statement calls the move "a fresh take on the browser" and said it will be introducing a public trial of the Web browser for Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O) Windows users on Tuesday. Details can be found at http://tinyurl.com/gchrome/.
The Internet search leader is also working on versions for Apple Macintosh users and for Linux devices, Google said.

Posts: 2075 | Registered: June 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Kirk Tirakian
AIM: Online Status For kirktalon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Google to Introduce its own Web Browser

Well thanks Chuck! I'll have to try it out on my Parallels/Windows set-up until it comes out on Mac.

Speaking of browsers, I've come to appreciate Apple more after looking at the way Windows browsers except for Safari render text.

Often jaggy and pixelatted, these browsers take half the beauty out of the web pages. It's a bummer when I forget this when working on web pages.

Too much processor power being taking away to smooth out text?

I'm never "lost" cause I always know where "I" am. I just may not know where anything else is or how to get there.

Posts: 405 | Location: Roseville, Michigan | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post