Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rumor Mill    iPhone on Verizon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iPhone on Verizon
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of Jamie
posted
I'll keep this under Rumors for now. Even though the WSJ is not usually a rumor source, they have not always been accurate.

Without a WSJ subscription you can see these articles here and here.

Jamie

Posts: 554 | Location: West Bloomfield | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
AIM: Online Status For terrywhite at mac dot com
posted Hide Post
<skeptic>
Same rumor, different year. For the pass couple of years "reliable" high profile sources have predicted this and then the year goes by with nothing. Will the iPhone come to Verizon? Probably! However, WSJ and the rest probably don't don't any more about WHEN than you or I. </skeptic>

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6152 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Paul
posted Hide Post
I think we can all agree that Verizon will have the iPhone... some day. I decided not to wait 'till dooms-day, so I went out and got myself a DROID.

========================
Ignorance breeds fear and fear breeds stupidity. Knowledge is the key to overcoming your fears

The only fish in a stream that just "go with the flow" are the dead ones

Posts: 1421 | Location: Clawson, MI USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Paul
posted Hide Post
<bump>

This just in... Hell froze over.

========================
Ignorance breeds fear and fear breeds stupidity. Knowledge is the key to overcoming your fears

The only fish in a stream that just "go with the flow" are the dead ones

Posts: 1421 | Location: Clawson, MI USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
AIM: Online Status For terrywhite at mac dot com
posted Hide Post
Not quite Hell freezing over, it was more a question of when, not if.

In order to grow the US iPhone market Apple would HAVE TO open it up to other carriers. We pretty much knew that from day one. What I got tired of was every year some news source with "evidence" touting that it was going to happen on _______ date, being wrong and never admitting it.

Here, let me try. There will be a new iPhone this year. Smile

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6152 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of Calvin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul:
I think we can all agree that Verizon will have the iPhone... some day. I decided not to wait 'till dooms-day, so I went out and got myself a DROID.

So are you going to go "Null and Void with the Droid?" and get an iPhone now? Or are you locked in for 2 years on the Android?

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"portions of todays programming are reproduced by means of electrical transcriptions or tape recordings."

"....Mailbox!....Open.......... MailBox!"

"I was exposed to the GUI and have been stuck ever since!"

"Remember.. Under our clothes...we are all naked"

Posts: 1727 | Location: Detroit,MI,USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Yvonne
posted Hide Post
I am watching this very closely. I am in need of a new phone and I would like to get a smart phone. And while it is very tempting to get a refurbed iphone via ATT I am waiting to see what Verizon offers for the new iphone. I just wish they would give the consumer some clues as to the monthly rates are. Guess it is a good time to get a new phone Smile

"Life begins when you leave your comfort zone"

Posts: 312 | Location: Redford, Mi | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
Rates are out. Phone plans are the same as any other phone. For a limited time, the only data plan is a $30/unlimited (like AT&T used to have). However, Verizon has already said they will go to tiered pricing later and that this is a limited time offer. Tethering as a hotspot is $20 extra, like AT&T, but you get 2GB of tethering data, and can connect up to 5 devices, not just 1. ATT also gives you no tethering data, and you can't even get tethering if you are on an unlimited data plan (you have to give it up).

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post