Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rumor Mill    Adobe Creative Cloud coming(?)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adobe Creative Cloud coming(?)
 Login/Register

Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted
Apparently still in development, but read this for some independent comments & info

http://www.dwcourse.com/dreamw...eative-cloud-fog.php

http://www.dwcourse.com/dreamw...e-creative-cloud.php

Personally, would have MANY questions, as I use only InDesign & Dreamweaver - not the whole suite.
- And DW only a scattered few times in the year for site updates. This would be a huge development for users and will generate lots of discussions, when final implementation details are publicized. Because the Creative Suite has become "industry standard" so broadly, it's a very important issue.

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2066 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Hi Mary Jo:

I for one do not want any part of renting my software. I do not know what I will do if Adobe forces all of us to using their CLOUD Model. I want no part of it.

I do not use half of the Creative Suite Products that are included in the CS5 Suite that I have. I sure do not need ALL of their products so I can use even less of them.

I guess we will need to wait and see what happens next.

Posts: 1642 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
I'm with Brian. I use InDesign a half-dozen times a year, and that's it for the Suite. I no longer use Photoshop, as Elements does everything I need.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3765 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
Adobe lets you rent *now*, so that part's not new. Hopefully, buying will still be an affordable option. I'm not interested in renting either.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted Hide Post
I agree with everyone 100%. No "renting" and dependence on cloud for essential applications - especially that have cost many hundreds of dollars over the years.

We'll wait & see if they "hear" the uproar. If it happened, I'd use what I have, stave off macos upgrades to keep them working. I work with a commercial printer 2 or 3 times a year. They love InDesign, but it will be interesting to see what the corporate level users will do if the "rent an app" becomes Adobe's standard.

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2066 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Paul
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know... can you still purchase CS6 licenses if you are an existing owner?

========================
Ignorance breeds fear and fear breeds stupidity. Knowledge is the key to overcoming your fears

The only fish in a stream that just "go with the flow" are the dead ones

Posts: 1418 | Location: Clawson, MI USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
You don't have to be an existing owner. You can still buy CS 6. After I killed off my sub I went back and bought the upgrade (I already had 5.5) figuring as it was the end of the line I wanted to have it last as long as possible.

http://www.adobe.com/products/...6.html?promoid=KFPMZ

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post