Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Mini-Reviews & Recommendations    Which Wacom Pen/touch tablet to buy need recommendation please.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Wacom Pen/touch tablet to buy need recommendation please.
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
posted
Hello it's been a while since I bought a new drawing tablet. I am looking to upgrade from my old Wacom Bamboo CTL460 (which does not have touch capabilities) I would love any advice on a nice drawing tablet with touch for under $100. I may also be looking at used ones. I absolutely loved my old Cintiq but it is not supported on my computer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Natalie

This message has been edited. Last edited by: artphanto,

Posts: 462 | Location: Livonia | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Bibo (Jim Nichols)
posted Hide Post
Not sure about any under $100

I use the Small version of this at home, and the Medium version at work. I did not care for the Touch features and turned those off, just a personal preference.

Wacom Intuos Pro Pen and Touch Small Tablet (PTH451) Wacom https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0...dp_U_x_XpU2BbQPXPC15

Posts: 2095 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I think the one i have at work is the same medium version that you have. There are so many out there hard to pick one.

Posts: 462 | Location: Livonia | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of CHunter
posted Hide Post
If you are working with Adobe programs, make
sure to read the specs of the tablet before purchase.
Not all tablets are capable/support the wide-range
of tablet (pressure sensitive) features in Adobe programs.

Posts: 1624 | Registered: June 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
I have the small intuos tablet and love it.

Posts: 829 | Location: PA | Registered: November 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
posted Hide Post
Very good advice Chita! Nina I ended up getting a used Intuos and so far it is pretty good! Thank you both!