Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Mini-Reviews & Recommendations    iPad Pro - I have seen the future!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iPad Pro - I have seen the future!
 Login/Register

Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted
I was lucky enough to purchase an iPad Pro today. Expect a full length review in the near future.

The display is gorgeous and while the entire unit seems too large at first, it does grow on you in a short time. The weight is astounding light and well balanced while holding it.

When using the new Apple keyboard with it, it sits nicely on the desk. However I don't think it is intended for use in one's lap. I found the keyboard layout to be ever so slightly wider than a normal keyboard. The Logitech keyboard is much heavier, but has a backlit keyboard and doubles as a protective case/cover. Both charge via the iPad Pro cable which is 2 meters (6 feet+) and 12w charging block.

The iPad Pro has the potential to replace my MacBook Pro because it now can use Keyboard Shortcuts! Both keyboard/cases have Command/Option/Control keys that actually work. Command + Tab will show all apps running just like OS X does. I am still finding keyboard commands that are amazing on an iPad.

More to follow in the near future....

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2103 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post