Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Mini-Reviews & Recommendations    Anyone used Onavo to help cut data usage on an iPad ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone used Onavo to help cut data usage on an iPad ?
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of Rick
posted
I've been reading about a free (for now) iPhone/iPad app called Onavo which compresses your data as it is downloaded from the internet, thus saving you usage from your data plan and lessening the chance of overages. To me this seems too good to be true and I was wondering if anyone knows about it or has used it. It only works on AT &T and not on VoIP usage and once installed, it works in the background. Any comments from MacGroup?

Posts: 621 | Location: Southfield | Registered: January 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of Rick
posted Hide Post
Here's a link that tells more about Onavo which says it can cut your data usage by up to 80%, which is especially important if you're roaming.

http://news.yahoo.com/iphone-a...-bill-001049331.html

Posts: 621 | Location: Southfield | Registered: January 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post