Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Wanted    Used computer, with or without monitor, etc.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Used computer, with or without monitor, etc.
 Login/Register

Picture of KABVideo
posted
I have a friend who has a PC that has acquired a significant number of viruses. It is a tower and she has a monitor, keyboard, mouse, scanner, and printer that still work. I understand that most printers and scanners that work with a PC, can also work on a Mac.

I believe that she needs basic word processing and similar basic functions. She has photos and music, and she wants to be able to go on the internet. I believe that the Mac operating system will minimize the chance of getting viruses similar to those that had disabled her PC.

My initial investigation suggests that a MiniMac (as a minimum) would provide what she will need. It would not necessarily need a keyboard or a mouse. I suspect that her monitor should be able to be connected to it.

I am a big fan of iMac's, so that would be a serious option. They could be a Power PC or an Intel. I am not sure that an iSight would be needed.

I think that a tower (with or without a keyboard or mouse) would also do well.

I think any OS 10 (10.4 or older) would work for her.

It would be great if it cost near $200, though I would consider something as high as $400 (or a bit more if that is what it will cost) a possibility.

Please E mail me with phone number(s), so we can set up a time to talk about what is available. I am available prior to October 1, and after October 15.

Ken Bean
kabean@michusa.com

Posts: 6 | Location: Detroit, Michigan, USA | Registered: May 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Did you ever find a machine to fill this request?

Posts: 1643 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post