Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Wanted    Griffin iFire
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Griffin iFire
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
Yahoo IM
posted
I am looking to use my old pro speakers with my computer. Any chance anyone has a Griffin iFire they no longer need?

Posts: 461 | Location: Livonia | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Natalie:

Some time ago I was given a pair of Apple Design Powered Speakers because the connecting cable was broken. I repaired the cable and put the speakers in a box to save because I already had the same set. They are very good sounding and come with everything needed to use.

They are yours for no charge all you need to do is pick them up in Oak Park.

Brian

248-546-9339

Posts: 1643 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
Yahoo IM
posted Hide Post
Hi Brian,
Thank you for your very kind offer, but I was hoping to make some use of my old Apple Pro Speakers with my newer computer. I loved how they sound and they are in nice condition. In this day and age, I can't believe that there are no other adapters out there to convert the jack to a standard mini-jack.

Natalie

Posts: 461 | Location: Livonia | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Donna
posted Hide Post
I think I may have bought one of these at one time and still have it around. Was it about 2-3 inches in diameter, round, grey? that may have been something for a mike, though.

Posts: 2269 | Location: Ann Arbor MI USA | Registered: October 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Donna, I think what you have is the first Griffin iMic. Later version was smaller and white. For some reason, I have one of each.
quote:
Originally posted by Donna:
I think I may have bought one of these at one time and still have it around. Was it about 2-3 inches in diameter, round, grey? that may have been something for a mike, though.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3768 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
Yahoo IM
posted Hide Post
Yes I think Phyllis is right, I also have an iMic, the ifire is more rectangular.