Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Wanted    Original e-Mac CD's - white all in one
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Original e-Mac CD's - white all in one
 Login/Register

iBBS Addict
Picture of Calvin
posted
Looking for a set of CD's that came with an e-Mac. I have one I would like to repurpose/donate but need the original CD's to restore the O/S.

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"portions of todays programming are reproduced by means of electrical transcriptions or tape recordings."

"....Mailbox!....Open.......... MailBox!"

"I was exposed to the GUI and have been stuck ever since!"

"Remember.. Under our clothes...we are all naked"

Posts: 1726 | Location: Detroit,MI,USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Which model is it? There were five different models produced over it's 4 year life span.

eMac
Introduced April 2002
Discontinued May 2003
SOFTWARE

Original OS Mac OS 9.2.2 (Mac OS ROM 9.2.1) and Mac OS X 10.1.4 (5R106)
Later OS Mac OS 9.2.2 and Mac OS X 10.2, 10.2.2, or 10.2.3
Maximum OS Mac OS X 10.4.11
Hardware Test AHT (iMac/eMac) 1.2.1, 1.2.2, 2.5.1
Bundled Software QuickTime, iMovie 2, iPhoto, iTunes 2, AppleWorks, Mac OS X Mail, Microsoft Internet Explorer,
EarthLink, AOL, Quicken 2002 Deluxe, World Book Mac OS X Edition, Mac OS X Chess, Otto Matic, Deimos Rising, PCalc,
Acrobat Reader, and FAXstf 10.0 Preview; Apple Hardware Test CD

eMac (ATI Graphics) Model
Introduced May 2003
Discontinued October 2003
SOFTWARE

Original OS Mac OS X 10.2.5 (6J73) and Mac OS 9.2.2 (non-SuperDrive)
Later OS Mac OS X 10.3 (7B85) and Mac OS 9.2.2 (non-SuperDrive)
Maximum OS Mac OS X 10.4.11 (800 MHz) Mac OS X 10.5.8 (1.0 GHz)
Hardware Test AHT (eMac) 2.2, 2.5.1, AHT (iMac G5/eMac) 2.5.3
Bundled Software QuickTime, iCal, iChat, iLife (includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, and iDVD), iSync, DVD Player,
AppleWorks, Mac OS X Mail, Microsoft Internet Explorer, EarthLink, AOL, Quicken 2003 Deluxe, World Book 2003 Edition,
Mac OS X Chess, Otto Matic, Deimos Rising, Microsoft Office v. X Test Drive, Sound Studio, FAXstf and Acrobat Reader;
Apple Hardware Test CD

eMac (1.0 GHz G4)
Introduced October 2003
Discontinued April 2004
SOFTWARE

Original OS Mac OS X 10.3
Maximum OS Mac OS X 10.5.8
Bundled Software QuickTime, iCal, iChat, iLife (includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, and iDVD), iSync, DVD Player,
AppleWorks, Mac OS X Mail, Microsoft Internet Explorer, EarthLink, AOL, Quicken 2003 Deluxe, World Book 2003 Edition,
Mac OS X Chess, Otto Matic, Deimos Rising, Microsoft Office v. X Test Drive, Sound Studio, FAXstf and Acrobat Reader;
Apple Hardware Test CD

eMac (USB 2.0)
Introduced April 2004
Discontinued May 2005
SOFTWARE

Original OS Mac OS X 10.3.3 (7G21)
Later OS Mac OS X 10.3.4 (7L33)
Bundled Software Mail, iChat AV, Safari, Sherlock, Address Book, QuickTime, iLife (includes iTunes, iPhoto,
iMovie, iDVD), GarageBand), iSync, iCal, DVD Player, AppleWorks, Microsoft Internet Explorer, EarthLink, Quicken 2004 for Mac,
World Book 2004 Edition, Sound Studio,Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 4, Deimos Rising, Zinio Reader, Apple Hardware Test

eMac (2005)
Introduced May 2005
Discontinued October 2005
SOFTWARE

Original OS Mac OS X 10.4 (8A428)
Later OS Mac OS X 10.4.2 or 10.4.4
Hardware Test AHT (eMac) 2.5.1, AHT (iMac G5/eMac) 2.5.3

Posts: 1642 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
You can reinstall the OS from any retail copy that the eMac will support. Having the grey discs is not always needed.

I suppose if you knew the right people you could upgrade this computer to make it work to its fullest potential.

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2107 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
I would expect any eMac would run 10.4.11 well. Don't expect much from newer revisions of OS X on these machines. 10.5.8 can be very slow on an 800MHz machine.

Posts: 1968 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of Calvin
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brian Stone:
Which model is it? There were five different models produced over it's 4 year life span.

Since it has no OS and I cannot boot it the only thing I can tell you is on the bottom it says Model A1002.

I tried using retail version Jaguar without success.

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"portions of todays programming are reproduced by means of electrical transcriptions or tape recordings."

Posts: 1726 | Location: Detroit,MI,USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Calvin:

Are you sure that your CD/DVD is good or that the drive in the eMac is still functioning? Do you have another external DVD drive that you could try to boot from?

Or bring it to the meeting and I will try to restore it for you.

Posts: 1642 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of Calvin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Stone:
Calvin:

Are you sure that your CD/DVD is good or that the drive in the eMac is still functioning? Do you have another external DVD drive that you could try to boot from?

Or bring it to the meeting and I will try to restore it for you.

I think the issue with the drive was that the install disk I had was a DVD and the drive is a CD drive.

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
Calvin,

Target Disk mode is your friend. Put the DVD in a machine with a DVD drive. Restart that machine in Target Disk mode. Connect this machine to the eMac using a firewire cable. Boot using the Optical Drive key.

Alternatively, find a machine that can boot the install DVD and use Target Disk mode on the eMac and do the install.

This technique was proven some years ago on an island in the Pacific. It allowed us to resuscitate a flexo-lamp iMac. I was amazed.

Posts: 1968 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
Open the Optical drive door and you will find a sticker containing all the info you need.

All eMac models are A1002.

The earliest model maxes out at 10.4/Tiger, while the last model will get to 10.5/Leopard. I can bring along my installer HD on Sunday if you want to lug that boat anchor in!

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2107 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of Calvin
posted Hide Post
Due to assistance from a valued associate, this issue has been resolved and the e-mac is now functional again.

Thank you once again!

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^