Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Wanted    DSLR???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DSLR???
 Login/Register

Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted
My daughter has expressed an interest in getting a "real camera" this holiday season. We will be looking for a used mid level DSLR in case she changes her mind. Canon preferred but will consider other brands. 8 or 10 megapixel models desired. Do not need all the toys just a good basic starter kit (body and lens), heck the battery could need to be replaced.

Looking to spend between $250-300 if possible.

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2108 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Dave:

I do a fair amount of business with Adorama and here is a link to their used DSLR list with many items in your price range. These do not have lenses included. Link

I did not find a link to lenses at Adorama. You could buy a body from one and a lens from another.

Here is the same information for B&H Photo that I have also purchased many items from. Link

Here is a link for lenses from B&H with some reasonable prices. Link

Both of these places are good to work with over the phone, both have toll free numbers.

Adorama 800-223-2500 / 212-741-0052

B&H Photo 800.606.6969 / 212.444.6615

Posts: 1642 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
Thanks Brian!

eBay and Craigsist haven't been great just yet but I have time to be patient.

Dave McGuire

Posts: 2108 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Bibo (Jim Nichols)
posted Hide Post
Keep an eye on Canon's page, they have some great deals on refurbished cameras. Sometimes there are codes that take them down even more. Refurbished DSLRs direct from Canon

Posts: 2094 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Yvonne
posted Hide Post
Well for what it is worth maybe keep an eye on After Thanksgiving sales. You might find something at a good price at Best Buy or something like that.

"Life begins when you leave your comfort zone"

Posts: 311 | Location: Redford, Mi | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
posted Hide Post
$275 From Canon
EOS Rebel XS Black with EF-S 18-55IS Refurbished
Digital SLR Camera

Free Refurbished Rebel Gadget Bag
Free 2GB SD card
Free Rebel XS Tutorial DVD
Save $50
1111 1 AffEOS Rfb 75IS

EOS Rebel XS 10MP DSLR Camera Kit

Posts: 2094 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
Exactly what I am looking for!!!!

Too bad it sold out before I could get it in the cart Frown

Dave McGuire

Poobah
posted Hide Post
Keep checking, this isn't the 1st time I've seen this deal.

Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
Well, we ending up buying a Nikon Coolpic L120 for our daughter at BestBuy. This is a nice step up from most point and shoots and she is very happy with it.

Thanks for the links and advice!

Dave McGuire