Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Wanted    Dual G5 Mac Pro
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dual G5 Mac Pro
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of Q
AIM: Online Status For ntcmusic
posted
I'm in the market for a dual G5 tower if anyone is thinking about upgrading and wondering what to do with theirs. All speeds, configs considered. Thanks for the bandwidth.

Reaching The World, One Song At A Time™

Posts: 281 | Location: Canton, MI | Registered: March 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
AIM: Online Status For terrywhite at mac dot com
posted Hide Post
I've been toying with the idea of upgrading. I have a Dual 2.7GHz G5. How soon were you interested?

quote:
Originally posted by Q:
I'm in the market for a dual G5 tower if anyone is thinking about upgrading and wondering what to do with theirs. All speeds, configs considered. Thanks for the bandwidth.

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6154 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Q
AIM: Online Status For ntcmusic
posted Hide Post
T: Thanks for the reply - relatively soon but not critical. My band just got signed (a 35 year overnight success?) to a major label and my aging G4 Dual is not up to the challenge to finish the tracks. I don't want to get into an InTel/Leopard set-up yet (too many software upgrades needed) so I just want something PowerPC and better for the short run. Looking at eBay, a lot of dual 2.0 - 2.5 are going for $500 - $600 rather bare so that gives me a ballpark - but better specs are worth better bucks.
Q

Reaching The World, One Song At A Time™

Posts: 281 | Location: Canton, MI | Registered: March 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post