Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  For Sale - Mac Related    2006 15" MacBook Pro
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2006 15" MacBook Pro
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of switcher
posted
Model A1150
Intel Core Duo
2.16 GHz Processor
2 GB RAM
100 GB HD
Superdrive

Machine works great. Well taken care of. Currently running Snow Leopard. I picked up a MacBook Air and no longer use this laptop.

Comes with MacBook Pro, Green Speck case, new style power adapter (replaced recently under warranty by Apple), and install disk for Snow Leopard.

Machine was pre-installed with OSX 10.4.5. I am second owner of machine and don’t have the original install disk. I do have OSX Snow Leopard disk. I will hopefully put laptop back to factory specs with Snow Leopard.

Two items of note. First, as might be expected, the battery is weak. Barely holds a charge. I used it plugged in at all times. My understanding is that you can easily pick up a new battery for this. Second, when I bought the machine there was a small dent on the side panel, below the power button. This does not affect any of the ports or operation of the laptop.

Asking $300

Jeff

Posts: 182 | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Does this have a Glossy Screen?

Posts: 1653 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of switcher
posted Hide Post
I believe it is glossy. Is there a way to know for sure?

iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Is it a glass covered display or is it a conventional non-glossy display?

Posts: 1653 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of switcher
posted Hide Post
OK, I'm pretty sure it is conventional TFT. System profiler says 1440 x 900.

Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted Hide Post
Have you checked OWC (macsales.com) for a replacement battery? I purchased one for my 2008 MBPro 15" & installed recently. (super simple to do, though I don't know re 2006 model).
- It's a Newertechnology NuPower Battery for MacBook Pro 15" non-Unibody models.

My 2008 model works like a charm. Has the original drive, though I may look into getting a SSD drive if possible. Looks like there are USB3 ExpressCards available to further update functionality.
- an aside: Our son is in the upper levels of IT at the GM Milford Proving Ground. He qualified for a new company laptop (PC of course!) when his became about 3 yrs old. He felt the processor could still handle what he needed, so talked the company into getting a SSD for the older one instead of a new laptop. He is genuinely amazed at the improvement in processing, etc. and LOVES it.
I also have a 2nd newer 13" laptop, but want to keep the older one as it comes in handy at times.

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2074 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted Hide Post
The battery I purchased;

http://eshop.macsales.com/item...erTech/BAP15MBP56RS/

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2074 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of switcher
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the help and advice.