Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  For Sale - Mac Related    Epson Stylus Pro 4000
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Epson Stylus Pro 4000
 Login/Register

Padawan
posted
Exc Cond Original owner, used 5 times and stored; comes with matching storage cabinet and 3 rolls of unused paper in original packaging: Premium Luster, Premium Matte, Fine Art

Epson Stylus Pro 4000

Posts: 26 | Location: Wyandotte, MI | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Does it still print?
How was it stored after being used?
When was it purchased?
How much are you asking?

Thank you

Brian

Posts: 1640 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Padawan
posted Hide Post
Brian: To be honest, I haven't run it in years.
It was stored in a room in my house. For the last year and a half it has been at my office in downtown Detroit.
I purchased it in 2007 or 2008, brand-new.
If you'd like, you can come check it out. You can call me at 313-570-8949 to discuss.

Posts: 26 | Location: Wyandotte, MI | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Padawan
posted Hide Post
Here is another view

Printer

Padawan
posted Hide Post
Brian, my apologies for my prior answer. I downloaded drivers to my MBP running mavericks and communication with printer was fine. heads were clogged, as you might expect, but after a several power cleanings I got the attached test print. Magenta is not printing. Don't know enough about printer tech to know whether it's the ink or head. I'm not sure I have enough ink to run another cleaning.

Test print

iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
According to Epson you should never do more that two power cleanings. Try printing something real. Even if you just make a good size rectangle of Magenta and try printing it more than two or three times. Then print the print head test pattern two or three times. You can actually blowout a print head from power cleaning.

I am really surprised it prints at all after not being used for as long as it has been. The magenta head is more than likely plugged. The ink tanks almost never fail.

It would help if you cut down the size of your photos before uploading them.

If you would like there is a method used to clean print heads that I can walk you through.

Brian

248-546-9339

Posts: 1640 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Padawan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Stone:
According to Epson you should never do more that two power cleanings. You can actually blowout a print head from power cleaning.

Don't doubt you're right, but no such warnings in the manual, in fact it specifically refers to possibly doing a "few" power cleanings.

quote:
It would help if you cut down the size of your photos before uploading them.

uploaded from my iphone... I agree!

quote:
If you would like there is a method used to clean print heads that I can walk you through.

Thanks! I'll call you about that if that's OK. I'll try some regular printing first as you suggest and see what happens.

John